Sunday, February 10, 2008

Thing 3. Set Up an RSS Account & Add Feeds

This was so easy and fun!! After reading some of the other postings, I was a bit afraid to try this one, but I'm so glad I did!

I had subscribed to several email updates from different sites, but this will be great. It will be nice to have them all in one place and not clogging up my email. I was amazed by the number of feeds out there. The Google blogsearch tool worked well for me. Who knew there were blogs out there for hardanger embroidery, preschool crafts, Antiques Roadshow (yeah, I know I'm a nerd) and so many oter things I enjoy. There are several sites where I go to download podcasts when I have time. Now they'll all be waiting for me and easily available. What a great way to conect. What a time saver.

I went to several of my most visited sites and was surprised to see the rss feed link on many of them. The Feeds link on the Explorer toolbar lights up when there is a link available on the page. That makes it so easy to find them.

No comments: