Sunday, February 17, 2008

Thing 4. Photosharing with Flickr

I had created a Flickr account in October to show others that if I could do it, so could they. It was fun to create, but had not visited it since. Creating an account is one thing, but using it is another. I'm glad this Thing let me re-visit my first effort. I was very concerned about using people in my pictures, even with permission, but in looking at my page, I think it would look like a more inviting place if there were people in it! Is written permission advisible? I would think so. It could create quite a thick folder of permission slips eventually, though. It seems to me you would have to keep them forever because even if you delete the picture from your site, there is no telling how many others have used the Blog This feature.

I used the tagging feature for the first time and enoyed playing with it. Selecting a word like "read" comes up with some mighty varried results!

I had created that first account to show off the library where I work. I think I'll create another one for family stuff and keep those private. I'm glad they put the warnings not to post pictures of others without permission.

No comments: