Saturday, March 15, 2008

Thing 11. Tagging and Del.icio.us

This will be wonderful for elping to organize my internet searches. It only took moments to tag a few sites - so if I'm looking for books for patrons or story hour songs and projects or research info for a report, I can tag while I'm there and not have to add everthing to my Favorites so I can find it again. If a site is not helpful, I don't have to tag it. Anything that can help me be more organized is a blessing. Why did I not know about this before? :-)

I think our region could use this internally to help staff find helpful resources - there is SO much out there on the internet, if someone has done research already and is willing to tag and share that makes it easier for everyone. We could also use it for patrons to find best-seller lists, read-alike lists, good information and other stuff. We already have links to many of these things, but there are many different ways to end up at the same place on the internet. This would be a good addition...and it only takes moments!

Tag - you're it!

No comments: