Friday, March 14, 2008

Thing 9 - Online Collaboration Tools

Wow! I got it to work!

I like the ZoHo Writer better than the Google Docs, but I hit the wrong key and closed out of it and then got a "document not found" error message when I tried to go back in. Bummer. I would have liked to play with that one a bit more. It had more Microsoft Publisher-like qualities than the Google Docs one. It just made more sense to me.

I can see that it would be useful for people who are working together on a grant application, on promotional materials, etc, especially if the group is large. You could set up a Wikipedia-like document for just about anyting...fun and/or serious.

And the Founding Fathers...maybe they would have approved of the idea that "the people" want to be so intimately and immediately involved in the shaping of such an important document!

No comments: