Sunday, March 16, 2008

Thing 12. Do You Digg?

Digg and Reddit seem to me to be user-created tabloids. I was not impressed, nor would I use them. Newsvine seemed to have some good back and forth between users about the stories posted and the stories themsleves seemed a bit more newsy than sensational. I likes te way Mixx was organized, but again, I doubt that I would use any of these.

In a library setting...? I guess I'm going to continue to get my news the "old-fashioned" way. CNN, CBS and my local newspapers. Of all of the areas in our small branch, our newspaper area is one of the most used. We have folks come in daily to read te paper and talk about the news. Same thing as these sites, only live and in-person.

The best thing I saw, and it was on a couple of the sites, was the police officer talking to the protesters. What a great attitude!

Half way done!!!!

1 comment:

GGalles said...

It is interesting to look at the variety of news sources on the Internet and to see the different attempts that are being made to figure out what kind of news users want to access.

I guess some users want local and regional news and for those who want a national or international perspective these sites may be useful for their use.

These sites certainly show that we don't need to wait for the print papers to be delivered.