Sunday, March 9, 2008

Thing 8. Share Your Creations

I would use the picture sharing sites to keep in touch with colleagues and family. I tried PictureTrail and found it frustrating. I got my photos uploaded but had a tough time finding the cool ting you could do. WHen I did find them, what I thought I was getting was not what I got, so I tried to delete my albumn, but even that didn't work. I did see that unless you upgrade to a paid subscription, your account eventually gets deleted. I guess I'll wait for that.

Then I tried Thumbstacks and was able to create a 2 page presentation but could not find a way to add a page. When I went to save it, it gave me an error message. This, too, was frustrating. So I tried Lazybase and did not understand what to do to add an entry - I was trying to set up a Staff Picks list.

After all these false starts and more than three hours of trying, I went to ZohoShow and was finally able to succeed. I wanted to create a presentation about what 23 Things was teaching me - and I must admit that I was so tired of this Thing that I just cut-and-pasted thing one onto some slides. I was able to figure out how to use it and save it. Here is the link: http://show.zoho.com/editor.do?P_ID=182908000000004013

This would be a great tool for creating staff teaching tools, or even for creating that Staf Picks list I was unable to with Lazybase. I wish I would have gone to ZohoShow first!

Think Spring, friends...it IS coming!!!

1 comment:

GGalles said...

Some of these applications do have their quirks!

I have read quite a bit about ZoHo applications and from your experience it appears that they may have some advantages.

So many things seem to make a difference - operating system, browser, type of internet access.

I'm determined to get caught up on these 23 things this week. You have a good start - let's keep going!