Saturday, April 5, 2008

Thing 14: Library Thing

http://www.librarything.com/catalog/bejowa

I had heard about Library Thing and had even visited - I'm glad this was a Thing and forced me to sign up and use it. This site is very easy to use and manage. It would be easy to teach the staff at the library how to set up an account and to set up pages in their expert areas. Then, if a patron needed a read-alike, it would be a place to go - with pictures of the covers! We have If you liked...bookmarks, author's titles bookmarks, NoveList and staff reader's advisory. This will be a great tool to use with those. It will also give our patrons who use the internet (not all of them do, after all) a new way to be conected to their library.

I signed up for one of the groups - childeren's books. I was not surprised that I had read most of the top listed books, but was happy to play around in the site and discover new titles and new folks that like the books I do.

I will definitely spend more time on Library Thing later - I want to get to Thing 23.

No comments: