Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thing 13. Online Productivity Tools

As someone wo can't remember to charge er palm-pilot and has had to re-enter calendar info twice, I love the idea of online organization that I can access anywhere.

I chose IGoogle to use as my homepage. I like having my RSS links, weather, clock, etc. right there, but it does take a bit longer to load at first. I won't go back to my other home page.

I really like Remember the Milk. The title was what grabbed me, but te tool was easy to use and fun to work with. It seems like a great way to stay on top of deadlines, and I liked that it has personal and professional tracts, so I can separate them, but keep up with both.

I used the calendar with IGoogle. It's right there on my home page and I can get right to it. I like that.

Backpack turned me off with the way it looked, but after I watched the video on how it worked, I was hooked. I made a page for our trip to Maui in June. It might even be worth the subscription fee.

I did not try any of the other stuff yet (yep, Bad Becky). I want to get to the end of the 23 Things if I can. I'll go back and try them after the 16th.

No comments: